Dentist Office

BETTER

HEALTHCARE

Healthcare is a right, but politicians shouldn't wage an ideological war to get there. Let's reform healthcare the right way and that starts in PA.

HEALTHCARE: A NEW APPROACH

THE DEBATE OVER COVERAGE

Peter knows that good health and well-being is a human right.​

But he thinks it's a mistake to believe that we'll get there through a monolithic government program.

Do we want a system because of its ideological purity or do we want a system that provides universal healthcare at a price that we can afford?

A secure, efficient, and well-regulated market with a competitive government program is the way to go. Other countries have done it. And we can too.

Peter supports a plan that allows you to keep your private insurance or allows you to buy into Medicare or a government program. Peter also supports lifting the ban on Medicare negotiations on drug prices.

This system creates an option in the market that would immediately transform the system. 

GERMANY'S MODEL vs. US

We need only look to Germany to see how well this option-healthcare system can work.

Germany has a multi-payer healthcare system. In 2017, 90% of German citizens were enrolled in government healthcare while the remaining 10% purchased private healthcare. 

Germany's Health Ministry averaged an expenditure of about $5,700 per person in 2017, according to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development.

Thats far below the over $10,000 spent per capita in the United States.

 

Also note that while we spend this much per capita on healthcare, citizens of the USA have lower life expectancy, higher levels of early-onset chronic disease, lower levels of reported happiness, community, and sense of purpose. 

PETER'S PLAN

In Pennsylvania, Peter will work to control costs and maximize access to high-quality care. 

This includes improving price transparency, reducing the price of perscription drugs, integrating behavioral and primary care, increasing telehealth, combating the opioid and heroin crisis, and supporting our Emergency Medical Services.

And in PA, Peter can fight to advance legislation that aims at the goal of universal health insurance coverage, through a market-option system.

JOIN THE CAMPAIGN!

 Get the Latest News & Updates

Contact Us

This campaign is for you, so please don't hesitate to drop us a line and tell us what issues are important to you. Let us know what's on your mind and a member of our campaign will get back to you shortly! 

ADDRESS

924 Houserville Road,

State College, PA 16801

EMAIL